JAC Board 10th Syllabus 2020 Science, Maths, Social Science, English, Hindi & Sanskrit (NCERT)
Hi Students! Are you searching for NCERT JAC Board 10th Syllabus 2020? If yes, then you are at the right place. This is a comprehensive article regarding Jharkhand Board Class 10 Syllabus for Science, Maths, Social Science, English, Hindi & Sanskrit.
The whole syllabus of Class 10 for Jharkhand Academic Council, JAC Board which I am going to tell you here, is recommended by the board itself. This is actually designed by NCERT (National Council of Educational Research and Training), so you can also call it as Class 10th NCERT Syllabus for Jharkhand Board.
You can Download PDF of JAC Board Class 10 Syllabus 2020 by clicking the download button which is given on the last section. Also, you can check my other article regarding Class 8 and Class 9 NCERT Syllabus All Subjects. Now, let’s talk about the syllabus of all subjects one-by-one, starting from Maths, then Science, Social Science, English, Hindi and Sanskrit.
Jharkhand Board Maths Syllabus for Class 10
Mathematics is a subject which is said boring by most of the students. But, it is a methodical and systematic application of matter. It has a great importance in our daily lives, time management, budgeting money, problem-solving skills and exercise for the brain.
The topics in NCERT JAC Board 10th Syllabus for Mathematics are also very practical. If you learn and understand all these mathematical concepts, then you will master the basics of advanced mathematics. So, let’s jump into the main syllabus.
Chapter 1: Real Numbers
- Introduction of Real Numbers
- Euclid’s Division Lemma
- The Fundamental Theorem of Arithmetic
- Revisiting Irrational Numbers
- Revisiting Rational Numbers and Their Decimal Expansions
Chapter 2: Polynomials
- Introduction of Polynomials
- Geometrical Meaning of the Zeroes of a Polynomial
- Relationship between Zeroes and Coefficients of a Polynomial
- Division Algorithm for Polynomials
Chapter 3: Pair of Linear Equations in Two Variables
- Pair of Linear Equations in Two Variables
- Graphical Method of Solution of a Pair of Linear Equations
- Algebraic methods of Solving a Pair of Linear Equations
- Substitution Method, Elimination Method, Cross-Multiplication Method
- Equations Reducible to a Pair of Linear Equations in Two Variables
Chapter 4: Quadratic Equations
- Quadratic Equations
- Solution of a Quadratic Equation by Factorisation
- Solution of a Quadratic Equation by Completing the Square
- Nature of Roots
Chapter 5: Arithmetic Progressions
- Arithmetic Progressions
- nth Term of an AP
- Sum of First n Terms of an AP
Chapter 6: Triangles
- Introduction of triangles
- Similar Figures
- Similarity of Triangles
- Criteria for Similarity of Triangles
- Areas of Similar Triangles
- Pythagoras Theorem
Chapter 7: Coordinate Geometry
- Introduction to Coordinate Geometry
- Distance Formula
- Section Formula
- Area of a Triangle
Chapter 8: Introduction to Trigonometry
- Introduction to Trigonometry
- Trigonometric Ratios
- (TA) Trigonometric Ratios of Some Specific Angles
- Trigonometric Ratios of Complementary Angles
Chapter 9: Some Applications of Trigonometry
- Heights and Distances
Chapter 10: Circles
- Introduction to Circles
- Tangent to a Circle
- Number of Tangents from a Point a Circle
Chapter 11: Constructions
- Division of a Line Segment
- Construction of Tangents to a Circle
Chapter 12: Areas Related to Circles
- Perimeter and Area of a Circle – A Review
- Areas of Sector and Segment of a Circle
- Areas of Combination of Plane Figures
Chapter 13: Surface Areas and Volumes
- Surface Area of a Combination of Solids
- Volume of a Combination of Solids
- Conversion of Solid from One Shape o Another
- Frustum of a Cone
Chapter 14: Statistics
- Mean of Grouped Data
- Mode of Grouped Data
- Median of Grouped Data
- Graphical Representation of Cumulative Frequency Distribution
Chapter 15: Probability
- Introduction to Probability
- Probability – A Theoretical Approach
JAC Board 10th Syllabus 2020 Science
In schools & colleges, Science is sometimes regarded only as a subject of facts and existence. But, it is way of discovering what’s in the universe and how those things work today, how they worked in the past, and how they are likely to work in the future. It is very important in our daily lives, so let’s find out the topics which are in Jharkhand Board Class 10 Science NCERT Syllabus.
Chapter 1: Food
Chapter 2: Materials
- Different kinds of materials: Acids, Bases & Salts; General properties; Examples and uses.
- Types of Chemical Reactions: Combination, Decomposition, Displacement, double Displacement, Precipitation, Neutralization, Oxidation and Reduction in terms of gain and loss of oxygen and hydrogen.
- How things change/react with one another: Brief discussion of basic metallurgical processes. Properties of common metals. Elementary idea about bonding.
- Carbon Compounds: Saturated hydrocarbons, Alcohols, Carboxylic acids (no preparation, only properties).
- Materials of Common Use: Soap- cleansing action of soap.
- How are elements classified: Gradations in properties; Mendeleev periodic table.
Chapter 3: The World of the Living
- Our Environment: Environmental problems, What can we do? Biodegradable, Non-biodegradable; Ozone Depletion.
- How do we stay alive: Define ‘living’ things; Basic concept of nutrition, respiration, transport and excretion in plants and animals.
- Control in the living: Tropic movements in plants; Introduction to plant hormones; Control and coordination in animals; Voluntary, involuntary and reflex action; nervous system; Chemical coordination: animal hormones.
- Reproduction in the living: Reproduction in plants and animals; Need for and methods of family planning; Safe sex vs HIV/AIDS; Childbearing and women’s health.
- Heredity and Evolution: Heredity; Origin of life: brief introduction; Basic concepts of evolution.
Chapter 4: Moving Things, People and Ideas
Chapter 5: How things work?
- Electric Circuits: Potential difference, potential; Ohm’s law; Series combination of resistances; Parallel combination of resistances; Power dissipated due to current; Inter relation between P, V, I and R.
- Magnets: Field lines, Magnetic field, Field due to a current carrying wire; Field due to current carrying coil or solenoid. Force on current carrying conductor; Fleming’s left hand rule.
- Electric motor; Electromagnetic induction; Induced potential differences, induced current. Electric generator, principle and working.
- Direct current; Alternating current; Frequency of AC, Advantage of AC over DC; Domestic electric circuits.
Chapter 6: Natural Phenomena
- Convergence and divergence of light.
- Images formed by a concave mirror; related concepts, Centre of curvature, Principal axis; Optical centre, focus, focal length.
- Refraction; laws of refraction.
- Images formed by a convex lens; Functioning of lens in human eye; problems of vision and remedies; Application of spherical mirrors and lenses.
- Appreciation of concept of refraction; Velocity of light; Refractive index; Twinkling of stars; dispersion of light; Scattering of light.
Chapter 7: Natural Resources
- Conservation of Natural Resources: Management of natural resources; Conservation and judicious use of natural resources; Forest and Wildlife; Coal and petroleum conservation.
- People’s participation; Chipko movement; Legal perspectives in conservation and international scenario.
- The regional environment: Big dams; Advantages and limitations; Alternatives if any. Water harvesting; Sustainability of natural resources.
- Sources of Energy: Different forms of energy, leading to different sources for human use; Fossil fuels; solar energy; Biogas; Wind, water and tidal energy; Nuclear energy.
- Renewable versus non-renewable sources of energy.
Class 10 NCERT Social Science (S.St.) Syllabus
As the name suggests, Social Science is also a science but it is concerned with society. It helps us to learn about how a society works and understand the relationships among individuals within a society. Social science has many sub-branches but JAC Board 10th Syllabus 2020 for Social Science/Social Studies (S.St.) contains History, Geography, Civics & Economics. Now, let’s go deep in the topics of each branch.
History: India and the Contemporary World- II
- The Rise of Nationalism in Europe
- The Nationalist Movement in Indo-China
- Nationalism in India
- The making of a Global World
- The Age of Industrialization
- Work, Life & Leisure
- Print Culture and the Modern World
- Novels, Society and History
Geography: Contemporary India- II
- Resources and Development
- Water Resources
- Minerals and Energy Resources
- Manufacturing Industries
- Life Lines of National Economy
Civics: Democratic Politics – II
- Power Sharing
- Democracy and Diversity
- Gender, Religion and Caste
- Popular Struggles and Movements
- Political Parties
- Outcomes of Democracy
- Challenges to Democracy
Economics: Understanding Economic Development
- Sectors of the Indian Economy
- Money and Credit
- Globalization and the Indian Economy
- Consumer Rights
JAC Board NCERT Syllabus Class 10 English
Almost all of you must be knowing about the English language. As English is an International Language, NCERT has designed the Jharkhand Board Class 10 Syllabus for English Language so that everyone would be able to speak in English in the long-run. There are two books in this subject which are given below.
First Flight : Main Reader Book
- A Letter to God: G.F. Fuents
Dust of Snow: Robert Frost
Fire and Ice: Robert Frost
- Nelson Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom : Nelson Rolihlahla Mandela
A Tiger in the Zoo: Leslie Norris
- Two Stories about Flying
1. His First Flight: Liam O’ Flaherty
2. Black Aeroplane: Frederick Forsyth
How to Tell Wild Animals: Carolyn Wells
The Ball Poem: John Berryman
- From the Diary of Anne Frank: Anne Frank
Amanda! : Robin Klein
- The Hundred Dresses- I : El Bsor Ester
- The Hundred Dresses- II : El Bsor Ester
Animals: Walt Whitman
- Glimpses of India
1. A Baker from Goa: Lucio Rodricues
2. Coorg : Lokesh Abrol
3. Tea from Assam: Arup Kumar Datta
The Trees: Adrienne Rich
- Mijbil the Otter: Gavin Maxwell
Fog: Carl Sandburg
- Madam Rides the Bus: Vallikkannan
The Tale of Custard the Dragon: Ogden Nash
- The Sermon at Benares
For Anne Gregory: William Butler Yeats
- The Proposal : Anton Chekov
Footprints without Feet: Supplementary
- A Triumph of Surgery: James Herriot
- The Thief’s Story: Ruskin Bond
- The Midnight Visitor: Robert Arthur
- A Question of Trust: Victor Canning
- Footprint without Feet: H.G. Wells
- The Making of a Scientist: Robert W. Peterson
- The Necklace: Guy De Maupassant
- The Hack Driver: Sinclair Lewis
- Bholi: K.A. Abbas
- The Book That Saved the Earth: Claire Boiko
JAC Board 10th Syllabus 2020 English Grammar
Every language has a proper set of structural rules governing the composition of clauses, phrases and words in a that given language, which is called as Grammar. English has also its grammar which must be learnt by everyone tending to speak English. So, the NCERT English Grammar Syllabus for Jharkhand Board Class 10 is as follows.
- Active & Passive Voice
- Direct & Indirect Speech
- Clauses: Noun, Adverb & Relative Clauses
- Figures of Speech
JAC Board 10th Syllabus Hindi NCERT
अंग्रेजी (English) के बारे में जानने से ज्यादा महत्वपूर्ण हमें ‘हिंदी’ के बारे में जानना है, क्योंकि हिंदी हमारी राष्ट्रभाषा के साथ-साथ मातृभाषा भी है. हिंदी के भी काफी दिग्गज साहित्यकार, लेखक और कवि हैं, जिनकी रचना में एक अलग जान है. तो हमारी अपनी संस्कृति और भाषा के बारे में छात्र-छात्रों को जानने के लिए Jharkhand Board Class 10 Hindi Syllabus में निम्न अद्भुत रचनाएं शामिल की गई है, जो दो पुस्तकों में विभाजित है.
क्षितिज भाग 2
- उधौ, तुम हो अति बड़भागी : सूरदास
- राम-लक्ष्मण-परशुराम संवाद : तुलसीदास
- पाँयनि नूपुर… : देव
- आत्मकथ्य : जयशंकर प्रसाद
- उत्साह : सूर्यकान्त त्रिपाठी ‘निराला’
- अट नहीं रही है : सूर्यकान्त त्रिपाठी ‘निराला’
- यह दन्तुरित मुसकान : नागार्जुन
- फसल : नागार्जुन
- छाया मत छूना : गिरिजाकुमार माथुर
- कन्यादान : ऋतुराज
- संगतकार : मंगलेश डबराल
- नेताजी का चश्मा : स्वयं प्रकाश
- बालगोबिन भगत : रामवृक्ष बेनीपुरी
- लखनवी अंदाज़ : यशपाल
- मानवीय करुना की दिव्य चमक: सर्वेश्वर दयाल सक्सेना
- एक कहानी यह भी : मन्नू भंडारी
- स्त्री-शिक्षा के विरोधी : महावीर प्रसाद द्विवेदी
- कुतर्कों का खंडन : महावीर प्रसाद द्विवेदी
- नौबतखाने में इबादत : यतीन्द्र मिश्र
- संस्कृति : भदंत आनंद कौसल्यायन
- माता का आँचल : शिवपूजन सहाय
- जॉर्ज पंचम की नाक : कमलेश्वर
- साना-साना हाथ जोड़ी… : मधु कांकरिया
- एही ठैयाँ झुलनी हो रामा! : शिवप्रसाद मिश्र ‘रूद्र’
- मैं क्यों लिखता हूँ? : अज्ञेय
JAC Board 10th Syllabus Hindi Grammar
जैसे अभी मैंने आपको बताया कि सभी भाषा का अपना एक व्याकरण (Grammar) होता है, तो हमारी मातृभाषा हिंदी की भी अपनी व्याकरण है, जो सभी भाषाओँ के व्याकरण की तुलना में सबसे ऊपर मानी जाती है. तो चलिए देखते हैं कि NCERT ने Jharkhand Board Hindi Grammar Syllabus for Class 10 में क्या-क्या शामिल किये हैं.
- संज्ञा (Sangya: Noun)
- सर्वनाम (Sarvnam: Pronoun)
- विशेषण (Visheshan: Adjective)
- क्रिया (Kriya: Verb)
- क्रिया-विशेषण (Kriya-Visheshan: Adverb)
- संबंधबोधक (Sambandhbodhak: Proposition)
- समुच्चयबोधक (Samuchchaybodhak: Conjunction)
- विस्मियादिबोधक (Vishmiyadibidhak: Interjection)
- वाक्य-भेद (रचना के आधार पर)
- वाच्य (Vaachy: Voice)
- पद-परिचय (Pad-parichay)
- अलंकार (Alankar: Figures of Speech)
- रस (Ras)
- उपसर्ग, प्रत्यय एवं समास (Prefix, Suffix & Compound)
- अपठित गद्यांश एवं पद्यांश (Unseen Passage)
Class 10 NCERT Sanskrit Syllabus
Sanskrit is the oldest and purest of all languages. It is called as the “Mother of All Languages”. It is a language of ancient India with a 3,500-year history. So, we must learn the core-source of our mother-tongue and hence our education system has this subject so that our heritage can be preserved.
Now, let’s jump into the JAC Board NCERT Syllabus for Class 10 Sanskrit which is divided in two books.
शेमुषी द्वितीयो भागः
- बुद्धिर्बलवती सदा
- व्यायामः सर्वदा पथ्यः
- जननी तुल्य्वत्सला
- सौहार्द प्रकृते शोभा
- विचित्रः साक्षी
- प्राणेभ्योअपि प्रियः सुहृद
- रचनानुवादः (वाक्यरचनाकौशलम्)
Conclusion: JAC Board 10th Syllabus 2020
So, that’s the Full NCERT Syllabus of Jharkhand Board Class 10. I hope, this article must have helped you in your search for NCERT JAC Board 10th Syllabus for Science, Maths, Social Science, English & Hindi.
If you have any doubt/query regarding Jharkhand Board 10th Class All Subjects Syllabus, then feel free to comment it down. Also, if you want to get all the updates of Jharkhand Academic Council, then you can follow us; as JACBoard.com is the #1 Educational Portal for Jharkhand Board Exam Results, Syllabus & Study Material including Sample Papers, Previous Year Questions, Notes & Summary and other Jharkhand-centric educational information.